Tamale Metropolitan Assembly list Get the android app

Overview

The ‘Grassroots Open Government Using New Digital Tools’ Project is intended to enhance communication and information sharing between citizens and the local government in the Tamale Metropolitan Assembly. The project focuses on public service delivery in the areas of Health, Education and Sanitation.

The Project uses an integrated set of tested tools namely: an interactive online platform which is integrated with Mobile App, SMS, and traditional media such as Public forums, community radio and TV stations in the Tamale Metropolis, as well as an information and knowledge management tool. This platform is to allow concerned citizens have a voice in how resources allocated for development are prudently utilised to eradicate poverty and stimulate wealth creation.


2015 Budget Year

Expected Revenue

33,612,885.24

Revenue Allocated

13,743,137.84

40.89% OF EXPECTED REVENUE


Projected Expenditure

35,702,223.54

Actual Expenditure

15,720,315.51

44.03% OF EXPECTED EXPENDITURE


DISTRICT PROJECTS

1

Completed Projects

0

Uncompleted Projects

1

2015 2015 Revenue



District Assembly Common Fund (DACF)

GHS 2,620,088.04

19.06% OF TOTAL REVENUE

District Development Facility (DDF)

GHS 767,370.00

5.58% OF TOTAL REVENUE

UN Joint Human Security Programme (JHSP)

GHS 0.00

0% OF TOTAL REVENUE

Ghana Urban Management Pilot Project (GUMPP)

GHS 20,000,000.00

145.53% OF TOTAL REVENUE

Government of Ghana (GoG)

GHS 50,900.00

0.37% OF TOTAL REVENUE

Internally Generated Funds (IGF)

GHS 1,976,859.00

14.38% OF TOTAL REVENUE

Others

GHS 4,975,756.83

36.21% OF TOTAL REVENUE

Resiliency in Northern Ghana (RING)

GHS 832,910.00

6.06% OF TOTAL REVENUE

School Feeding Programme

GHS 1,697,831.36

12.35% OF TOTAL REVENUE

Urban Development Grant (UDG)

GHS 2,389,000.00

17.38% OF TOTAL REVENUE


2015 2015 Expenditure



Waste Management

ASSETS

GHS 00.00

0% OF TOTAL EXPENDITURE

COMPENSATION

GHS 00.00

0% OF TOTAL EXPENDITURE

GOODS & SERVICES

GHS 00.00

0% OF TOTAL EXPENDITURE





2015 2015 Projects

Education Sector

Rehabilitation of School blkTrs' Qters Toilet and urinal

Contract Sum GHS 50,000.00
Amount Paid GHS 21,600.00
% of Completion 67%

About District

Background

The Tamale Metropolitan Assembly (TaMA) was established under legislative instrument (L .I) 2068 of 2012. It has 62 members (41 elected and 18 appointed members, 2 MPs and the MCE), 2 Constituencies and 2 Sub-Metropolitan District Councils (Tamale Central & South). TAMA boast of three sub-districts namely: Bilpela, Choggu, Sagneriga, Taha/Kamina, Tamale Central and Vittin.

The Metropolitan Assembly has total population of 371,351, with males accounting for 50.09% (185,995) and the females accounting for the remaining 49.9% (185,356). The Metropolis has about 42% of the working class in agriculture related activities, while the remaining 58% of the workforce in the Metropolis is engaged in sales, services, transport and production. This is as a result of the increase in Marketing, Banking and other Non-Governmental activities in the Metropolis.

VISION STATEMENT

A clean and environmentally friendly metropolis, which  attracts the  right  expertise and investment  into vital  economic sectors  that creates  high level  of  employment  opportunities.  A  metropolis  where  children,  women  and  men  have  high  quality  of  life,  equality  and  sustained  health services, education, economic resources and above all participate in decision making.

MISSION STATEMENT

The TAMA exists “To  enhance  the  quality of life  of the  people  of the Metropolis by  facilitating the  maintenance of law  and order  and  mobilizing the physical  and financial resources  to provide quality socio-economic services  especially in Education, Health, Agriculture, Water and Sanitation in collaboration with other Development Partners and in conformity with  broad National policies.”



Pictures and Vidoes


Development Plans

BROAD SECTORAL POLICY OBJECTIVES (NMTDPF)

  1. To improve Private Sector Competitiveness attract, Private Capital; pursue accelerated industrial Development; develop viable and efficient MSMEs; pursue and expand Market Access; and Making Private Sector work for Ghana and Ghanaians: sharing the benefits of growth and transformation.
  2. To accelerate the modernization of agriculture and ensure its linkage with industry through the application of science, technology and innovation.
  3. To strengthen functional partnership and participation in environmental management with civil society, development partners, industry and research bodies.
  4. To develop transport infrastructure; energy and energy supply to support industries and households; science, technology and innovation.


People

MP

Hon. Haruna Iddrisu

MP

Hon. Fuseini Innusah Abdulai, Alhaji

MP

Hon. Dahamani Alhassan

MP

Alhaji Limuna Mohammed-Muniru

MP

Hon. Alhassan Bashir Fuseini, Alhaji


Updates

To get notifications and updates, fill the form below.